Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The results of the vegan diet

We both lost weight and lowered our cholesterol to different degrees.

The husband lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks, which he has kept off and then some. I was very bitter about this because I didn't lose any weight in the first 4 months or so, and I had been riding my bike to and from work.

We got our blood drawn for our cholesterol tests just two months after the husband's initial test result because there was no way we'd adhere to the diet on our wedding anniversary trip.

Husband's cholesterol dropped a good 50 points to just above the high end of normal. And I think he's a good 15 pounds down from before.

My total cholesterol was 160 mg/dL! I'm super-healthy! And now I know that I can avoid a lot of those typical Filipino cardiovascular disease problems by - um - not eating Filipino food. AND I've lost more than the 10 pounds that I hadn't intended to gain! Score! So in total, I'm down about 15 pounds and two belt holes from when I bought the belt last Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment