Saturday, August 28, 2010

Should the Other Woman warn the Cuckolded Woman?


Kickin' it old-school in Ellora.

Just recently, someone I know discovered that her boyfriend of two years was engaged to someone else.

I know, right? WTF?

She found the guy's wedding website while things were fizzling out between them.

So what can she do now? She's in quite a position to screw over this guy's life. Should she alert the fiancée that this guy's an asshole, or just say good riddance and move on with her own life?

On the one hand, if I were in the fiancée's position, I would want to know. I would want someone to tell me that the dude is a deceptive jerk. And I'd certainly want to know before the wedding.

On the other hand, if I were in my friend's position, my wimpy non-confrontational side would want to walk away and avoid the drama altogether. I mean, given the guy's history, he'll probably screw it all up himself eventually, right? Does it matter whether it's sooner through one's own involvement or later of the guy's own incompetence? Well, yeah, it matters, because it would be a lot less complicated to break up pre-wedding instead of divorce post-wedding.

How much does the Other Woman have the moral imperative to alert the Cuckolded Woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment